I’ve seen so many handles on twitter talking about how they were.
What a myth right?
Wrong….I’ve seen her. Even had the pleasure of becoming friends with her.
• she’s smart
• she’s got style
• she’s funny
• she is scared of the number 13
• would do anything for her kids
• she doesn’t like people touching her, but will ride a bus full of people on a field trip
• she has GENERALIZED ANXIETY DISORDER
• she’s walked by the strange man in her kitchen telling her to kill her kids; to go play a game of ball outside.
• she has MAJOR DEPRESSION
• despite her overwhelming fear of the outdoors and people; she takes her kids to the park and on play dates
• birds terrify her, but she lets her children have a pet parrot
• she has BIPOLAR
• she plans trips everyday because she knows she will slip into a depressive funk. The kids don’t need to see that.
• she has SCHIZOPHRENIA
• despite her great desire to stay in bed she gets up and plays with her kids
• she smiles. She smiles even when it hurts her soul to smile, when all she wants to do is cry – she smiles.
• she has SCHIZOAFFECTIVE
• despite her fear of the supermarket, she takes her children there once a week.
• she ignores the voices she hears, so that her and the kids can enjoy a trip to the mall.
• she has BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER
• knowing she has a “debilitating” disease and seeing she is pregnant with her third child – decides to stay pregnant
• she has OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER
• she is the advocate for those who can’t speak out
• she has a POSTPARTUM MOOD AND ANXIETY DISORDER
• she is the mom, who just for one day would wish the demons in her head to stop screaming – but they don’t. So she fights for a normal life for her kids.
SHE IS SUPERMOM